Monday, November 4, 2013

Random ramblings

Good evening gentle reader,

I hope that the start of November has found you well. I have been hemming and hawing about what I should write next, and honestly friends I think it will just be a sporadic rambling perhaps once or twice a week. (Or whenever the mood strikes me).

There are two things that I would like to touch on tonight:

1) As some of you may know, my very good derby friend Anita Bandaid and I both got matching mustache tattoos on our fingers.
Well it has been a little over a week and my tattoo is in that awkward teen phase where it's starting to peel and get really itchy. I am trying oh-so-hard NOT to pick at it, and damnit I am getting pissed at what is happening.

See the cracking? See where it has peeled off and that it looks like it was done with a freaking Sharpie?! Yeah I am not very happy with this. Now this isn't my first tattoo rodeo, this little beaut is my 'lucky' number 13 so I know how to take care of a tat. And I also know that hand/finger tats are known for fading quickly, but good Lord this is ridiculous. Needless to say I will be going in for a touch up as soon as this weird peeling/healing phase is over.

Now that, that rant is over on to my next topic.  Which is the WFTDA Championship this weekend!


Oh yes my friends, those are the glorious tickets to this year's Womens Flat Track Derby Association Championship this weekend in Milwaukee! I have never been so excited to see so much derby because I really haven't had much of an opportunity to actually WATCH roller derby, I typically am stuck working the event as an NSO (Non-Skating Official).

So come Friday, when Anita and I are both done with work, we will be road tripping our way down to Milwaukee to meet up with some old friends and hopefully making new and to experience some of the best Women's flat track roller derby this world has to offer.

There will be a follow up blog either after or during the event, perhaps there will even be a blog on our shenanigans down to MKE. Stay tuned gentle readers because there is more to come!

Until next time,
Sleep tight and don't let the zombies bite!

- JD

No comments:

Post a Comment