Friday, October 25, 2013

Corpse Bride

It's Friday Friday gotta get down on Friday....

Yeah, sorry about that, but hey it is Friday! And Halloween is less than a week away!

Tonight I am going downtown with some friends and will be dressing up as...



Pam Poovey from Archer! So excited!

So tonight I am going to do a very quick review on the movie The Corpse Bride because I have been on a stop motion movie kick as of late. 



Released in 2005 this movie was actually directed by Tim Burton this time! If you are not sure what I mean, go ahead and read my Nightmare Before Christmas blog post. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter both star in this movie as the two lead characters.

Did anyone else get slightly confused as soon as the Nightmare Before Christmas music started playing?

Anyways this movie is really cute although for me gets a bit annoying with some of the voice acting. If you liked Nightmare you will enjoy this movie -- although the music isn't as catchy as Nightmare.

IMDB rates this a 7.5 out of 10 stars and Rotten Tomatoes gives it 83% with a 75% audience approval rating. I am giving it 4 out of 5 skulls, really great movie but for me it just doesn't live up to the magic that is Nightmare Before Christmas.

Until next time,
Sleep tight and don't let the zombies bite!

-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment