Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Know What You Did Last Summer

Happy Hump Day fellow creepsters,

One more day until Halloween!

So for today's blog I am going to review I Know What You Did Last Summer because I am watching it on ABC Family. Crazy right? Since when did ABC Family start playing horror movies...before this, The Craft was on.

Wow, what a horrible trailer. I would like to say that the movie is better but then I'd be called a liar.


Released in 1997 this movie was directed by Jim Gilliespie and stars the typical brat pack of the 90's: Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddy Prinze Jr. and Ryan Pillippe.

It is your typical teen slasher flick where they go out an party then something bad happens they try to hide it and it comes to bite them on the ass.

What a lot of people do not know is that this movie was actually based on Lois Duncan's book called "Who Killed My Daughter" which is about the real life death of her daughter. Duncan has stated that she hates this movie because the film-makers had transformed her book into a slasher film.

Honestly the only tragic death in this movie is when Max, played by the wonderful Johnny Galecki, gets hacked up. Other than that this movie is predictable and repetitive. The music through is great, Type O Negative does a cover of Summer Breeze which is great.

There are two sequels to this movie, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, (Brandy and Jack Black are in that one) and I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer (Direct to DVD sequel and doesn't star any of the original cast but still follows the continuing story arc)

IMDB rates this a 5.5 out of 10 stars Rotten Tomatoes rates it 36% and has a 47% audience approval rating. I am giving it two out of five skulls. Nothing impressive, a bit nostalgic for those of us who grew up in the 90's.

One more day! Until then,
Sleep tight and don't let the zombies bite!

-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment