Monday, October 21, 2013

The Toxic Avenger

Happy Monday fellow creepsters

Today I am reviewing The Toxic Avenger!

So knowing that the super hero is from New Jersey it should come as no surprise that this movie is pure crap, this is probably why it has such a cult following.

Released in 1984 this movie is directed by Michael Herz and Loyd Kaufman and stars no one who made it into Hollywood...everyone's career was ruined by this movie....



While they were filming the movie, they had no idea what to call the monster so that is why all the shirts and stuff supporting the monster say 'monster' and not 'Toxie'.

I will say this about the movie, there are some pretty neat special effects but I think that this is over shadowed by the needless cruelty and violence.

If you are intrigued enough to want to watch it, you can catch it on Netflix, complete with its sequel...

IMDB rates this a 5.9 out of 10 stars Rotten Tomatoes gives it a very surprising 63% with a 58% audience approval rating. I don't know guys, I just couldn't get into it, so I'm giving this a one out of five skulls.

Until tomorrow,
Sleep tight and don't let the zombies bite!

-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment