Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Evil Dead

Happy Sunday everyone!

The Packers have won yet again, and tonight is the season premier of The Walking Dead. To celebrate I will be reviewing the 1981 cult classic, The Evil Dead.

Directed by Sam Raimi this movie stars a very young and very handsome Bruce Campbell.
Hey, did I tell you guys the story of how I got to meet Bruce Campbell and he gave me $3? He is amazing, and I love this man.

Now this movie has some great gore scenes and some surprisingly awesome use of claymation towards the end. Did I mention that someone gets raped by a tree? What makes this movie also great is how campy it is (the same can not be said for the remake, but that's a different story entirely).

I remember seeing this movie when I was a kid and the pencil scene impressed me so much I told everyone about it.

There are so many facts and trivia that go with this movie that I am not even going to try to cover them, instead I will leave you a link right here. 

You can't call yourself a horror movie fan and not see this movie. Thankfully this one is on Netflix, complete with its two sequels.

IMDB gives The Evil Dead a 7.5 out of 10 stars, that is one full star more than its remake! Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 98% with an 82% audience approval rating, (I won't tell you how much this out ranks the remake, but I will say it is a lot.) I am giving this a 5 out of 5 skulls, this movie was truly original and innovative for its time and Bruce Campbell is a God. End of story. Groovy.

Until next time,
Sleep tight and don't let the zombies bite!

- JD



No comments:

Post a Comment