Monday, October 28, 2013

I Am Legend

Hello creepsters,

It's Monday...and I am already exhausted. Work was a bit frustrating since I had to stay late and I am currently working on a really bad headache. So today's blog with be blissfully short.

I am going to review I Am Legend, I caught this movie last night on AMC's Fear Fest (sadly this one is not currently on Netflix)

Released in 2007 and directed by Francis Lawrence this movie stars Will Smith who is the sole survivor in Manhattan after a horrific outbreak occurs.

Now they don't refer to the infected people as zombies, but as Darkseekers (because they have a reaction to UV light and only come out at night...a lot like vampires)

This movie is great in the way that it captures your emotional heart strings and rips them out once you realize what is going on...and if you get upset when animals die bring some Kleenex or a pillow to sob into.

Will Smith gives such a fantastic performance in this movie, he really is a talented actor -- it's amazing that he use to play the Fresh Prince.

Yeah you're welcome!

IMDB rates this a 7.1 out of 10 stars and Rotten Tomatoes gives it 70% with a 69% audience approval rating. I am giving it three skulls and a hand full of teeth for a 3.5 out of 5 skulls. It is a great movie if you haven't seen it, but I wish that the ending would have been a bit fuller and that we would have gotten more background information about how everything started.

Can't believe it's the 28th! Only three more days in October. If anyone has any suggestions on what I should blog on throughout the month of November please let me know!

Until tomorrow,
Sleep tight and don't let the zombies bite,

-JD

No comments:

Post a Comment